The entrance to the Church
A view of the interior taken in the 1990s. The pews came from the previous meeting-house
Opened in 1896 as the new home of Belfast’s Second Congregation it is the only example in Ireland of a building designed by the English architect Walter Planck. A very highly regarded example of early-English gothic modelled on Croyland Abbey in Lincolnshire, it is a medieval English parish church transported to suburban Belfast.
For more on the history of the building of All Souls’ see: