The original Carlingford meeting-house, built in about 1700
The interior, as it appeared in 2009. Note the thickness of the wall around the door.
The location of the original Presbyterian meeting-house in Carlingford was lost for decades until it was tracked down by Professor Donall Mac Donaill within the last ten years. It is a very plain and simple building that hasn’t been used for worship since 1859 and has been used variously as a salt store, a place to house livestock and more recently served as a shop.