By the time Dunmurry was built Presbyterians were giving elaborate decoration to their rectangular meeting houses. Opened in its present form in 1779 during the ministry of James Stouppe it is a ‘barn church’ that may have been designed by the Belfast architect Roger Mulholland. But already it can be seen how a well to do congregation required more than bare simplicity in its meeting-house. Perhaps most famous because if its association with the Rev Henry Montgomery.
A blue plaque was added to the meeting-house to commemorate Henry Montgomery in 2015: