First Presbyterian Church (Non-Subscribing), Newry viewed from the side
The interior showing the organ dating back to 1806
Opened in 1852 and designed by the Newry-born architect W.J. Barre this was one of the first dissenting churches in Ireland to adopt the gothic style. W.J Barre went on to design many prominent buildings, particularly in Belfast, especially churches. It also houses the first organ ever used in a Presbyterian church in the north of Ireland – originally unveiled in Belfast’s Second Congregation in 1806 it is still in regular use in Newry.