Images of Irish Non-Subscribing Churches: 6. Glenarm

Glenarm ext 2016

Glenarm exterior

Glenarm int 2016

Inside the meeting-house

The congregation dates from 1655, the present building was completed in 1762. In 1798 the minister was the Rev Robert Acheson, liberal in theology and radical in politics, a supporter of the United Irishmen. A very simple but characterful preaching house close to the coastline in this county Antrim town.

 

Advertisements